Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Today I tried Bountiful Baskets, a local food co-op, for the first time. I had to drive to Daybreak at 8:30 this morning. The truck was running late and due to the recital I couldn't come back at the later time. A nice stranger lady took pity on me and offered to get it for me. After a crazy day I picked it up this evening from her.


I love it! Take a look at what I got for $15.


1 head romaine
7 tomatoes
1 coconut
2 large cucumbers
1 pound small carrots
1 pint strawberries (some were bad)
6 oz blackberries
4 small yellow squash
10 small peaches
8 bananas
4 avocados
11 granny smith apples
3 large oranges



2 comments:

Jamilla said...

I am a fan as well. I just wish I could find a cite closer to me. And they fill up so fast!

Sherilyn said...

I tried this a few months ago. I may wait until winter to do it again. We didn't end up eating the zuccini or a few other things. I had hoped it would get us to eat more and different vegetables. It was fun going to get all the stuff. My kids were all excited! There is a food co op in Murray I am going to ck out.