Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mmmmmmm.

I am proud of myself for using what I have!

Tonight I made a salad using the lettuce, nectarines (I don't think they're peaches anymore, even if they are a bit fuzzy), strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers and some (candied) pecans we had. We ate oranges and bananas on the side.

We drained and cracked open the coconut and shredded the meat. It was so hard! But for dessert we make Hello Dolly Bars with the fruit of our labors. Everyone helped and had a good time.

Everyone laughed when we played "I spy with my little eye". It's fun to watch a three-year-old attempt to play it. I wish we had more nights like tonight!




















3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Way to go, Girl! You're fabulous!

Kerri said...

Totally impressive, especially the coconut. And I don't like seeing those Hello Dolly bars, because I love them.

emily, etc, etc said...

That salad sounds so yummy! Cracking coconuts is super hard...