Friday, July 30, 2010

Serendipity

ser·en·dip·i·ty n. pl. ser·en·dip·i·ties
1. Making fortunate discoveries by accident.

































In the spring of each year of our marraige we've had pictures taken. I've had a terrible time as of late making appointments and spending money so spring had come and gone. Yet I was determined not to let a year go.


Some friends from the old neighborhood had their pictures done at a new place called FotoFly right here in Draper, then I saw the ads and then I found out that my new neighbors personally know the people who are starting the business. Last night I finally got to it and called to make my appointment (for today). While I was doing that the girl I was speaking to (who happens to be the owners wife and didn't even know I was personally interested in photography) mentioned that there was a workshop for free at the studio in about an hour. I got to go to the workshop and have a great night where the owner filled in a lot of gaps in my knowledge. I felt very fortunate to have stumbled upon it.


Today we went to the same place for family pictures and aside from my children that I could have strangled, the experience was one of the best photo shoots we've had. Everyone was very patient and understanding.


Honestly though, I can't get over how well designed the studio is. They've used every inch of that small space so well. I found myself wishing I could have been the creative genius behind it. Who would have thought to paint the exit door in grafitti? Seriously it's worth going there just to see the space.


Anyhow, taking into consideration the children who were uncoorperative, we got some shots I've very happy with. (Tonight I'm having a hard time getting many of them posted tonight though, so I'll try again with more of them when I'm not so worn down.)


Here are a few...






























FotoFly charges $79 for a disc with your images. Prints are $4 if you want to print them there. I left with my disc and photos in hand. I think it's a brilliant business idea and hope they do really well.

P.S. Above I linked to their website, but this is their blog. That is one cute little boy. It's a little funny that Daniel and I had commented on how cool their bathroom was.

3 comments:

FLEUR de Lo said...

AWESOME!!! I went to their site and think it's great. Maybe I can talk Nathan into it, eh?

jenmomtofour said...

SO cute!!! I want to see more pictures! That place looks really cool!

Jenn

FotoFly said...

Malisa- thanks for the rave review! Your blog spot is cute. I should start something like this just for my family. Your kids are adorable and your family photographed very well! Let's get Alisha and go to lunch...with our cameras. :)