Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Glum

So I think I'm....(just a moment while I check a thesaurus and look up a milder version of the word depressed - or at least a less used one)....discouraged, drained, debilitated, sad, weary, melancholy, in the blue funk, and glum. I would like to be cheery, encouraged, excited, and happy. Sure I've had good days, but I've noticed that the general pattern is trending down.

I KNOW there is LOTS to be happy about, but in my twisted way of thinking I'm finding myself focusing on smaller bothersome things rather than the big picture. I'm finding it tricky to navigate all of the relationships in my life, both old and new. I'm having lots of days left up to my discretion which opens the door for my ineffectiveness and lack of motivation.

I know that I am still mourning the loss of my old life and home. It's so hard for me to go back there and see the house that the new owner is making changes to or to talk to people that still run in those circles. I've considered that there may be some things that would be easier about moving far away and not having the chance to go back. I did need to go into the old school this week to get my hands on a report card that hadn't made it to me. But after? I sat in the car and cried. That is something that's hard for me to leave.

I know there is joy ahead of us here and I would make the same decision again. I'm excited about so many things and I have met loads of wonderful people, but transition is hard.
I imagine it will just take time.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Anyone who has moved from a place they love knows how you feel! It will get better. Enjoy your awesome house and start making good memories!

Bountiful Blessings said...

change is certainly hard, no matter how used to it you are. i think of you often and find comfort that we often share the same sentiments on where we are in life at this moment. hugs and good wishes coming your way :)

Nea said...

I'm sorry you are down. :) Tomorrow is always another day and you will be up again! Sarah is adorable! Too cute! Everyday Hunter says "I wanna go to Utah real bad!"

Tracy Christopulos Harward said...

Malisa I am sorry I missed your call today. Hang in there - it will take some time. It's true, transitions are exciting and also difficult. I am so glad you are closer to us!

Blondentropy said...

((hugs)) At least it ended on a good note, eh? May I stop by on Friday? I'll be up at Linsey's.

Lisa

Alisha said...

Oh, I'm sorry Malisa. I feel badly being gone but would love to plan a night out as soon as we are back or we could even do lunch while the kids are all in school. Except the little monkey of course :). I am so excited that you are next door and hope that I can help make the transition easier. I know it's not much help when I am gone, but I am thinking about you! Hang in there!

Stacie said...

Head Up Malisa! It'll get better. Just think good thoughts! ((((hugs))))

Kerri said...

Sounds like the week was nasty. I'm so sorry. I feel your pain.

FotoFly said...

Malisa- sounds like we are going to lunch this week, or late breakfast :) Let me know (on facebook) what days work for you. By the way I think your blog is adorable and well written. I am glad you moved so I could meet you!

Melinda