Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of School

Sarah started last week...

























....and is in heaven.



The boys started on Monday. (Yes, I see the pole in Adam's head.)


















It's a big school. It's different. It's going to be just great, but it's hard to be new. The kids are working on making friends. I asked Isaac what it was like to go to a new school and he said "It's just like going to preschool, but everyone else already knows each other."






On another note, I don't like living in a disorganized messy house; it contributes to me being discouraged. When I'm discouraged, I don't have the motivation to organize and clean. When I don't have motivation, nothing progresses much and I feel overwhelmed. When I feel utterly overwhelmed I have one of my bi-annual breakdowns. And that breakdown was tonight. Awesome.


3 comments:

FLEUR de Lo said...

I'm sorry about the meltdown. :(

When I was a teacher I worked really hard at making sure the students opened their arms to anyone who was new; it's always hard to step into circles of well-established friendships.

N Luthi said...

so I booked a photo session off your recommendation for my two kiddos this friday can't wait!!

Dixie said...

It's hard to accomplish even the smallest thing when things are disorganized and you're feeling down. I know how you feel on that. I wished I lived closer so I could help out in some way.