Thursday, March 8, 2012

Master Bedroom Makeover Part 2

Finally time to paint.  The molding and lower wall are the same almost white color that the rest of my house trim is.  Luckily Kwal knew what color that was since our house was built by Ivory and it's their standard molding color. 


And then I painted the rest of the room a beautiful light gray.  I will go look at what the color is later.  I've forgotten at the moment. 


Hooray!
 (Don't mind my side tables.  They are a hand-me-down from my mother and someday I plan to revamp them by making them taller and painting them and.....someday I'll get to it.  For now I like that our alarm clocks don't shine in our faces.)



I do plan to add something above the bed, but haven't found just the thing yet.

Look at all that space underneath the bed!  I store all of our swimming gear, Halloween costumes, and luggage under there with room to spare.


I loved this bedding from the first time I saw it.  I don't think Target carries it anymore, but I think I'll be happy with it for some time.


The rest of the furniture in my room was purchased by my mom at a garage sale for my 16th birthday.  She painted them mint green while I was away at camp once.  They stayed that way until I painted them white 10 years ago in a surprise bedroom makeover in our last house while Daniel was out of town.  They are old, but super sturdy.  I took the top drawer out of this dresser to accommodate the DVD player.  Since we don't watch much television, this TV is there for exercising.


I took the original mirror off of the long dresser and plan to hang this new one on the wall at some point.





Though I have more planned such as taking down the wimpy dim light fixture and redoing a chandelier from downstairs, I think it is quite lovely enough.  It feels clean and relaxing.

Before:



And after:





3 comments:

Kerri said...

Boy, I had forgotten JUST how bad the room color was. I love seeing the before and after! You're so talented.

Korey said...

You sure have been busy painting around your house lately. But it sure has paid off! It looks so dang cute Malisa! Your room does look so much more calming now. Love the grey and yellow together. I would love to paint my tan room another color, but that would mean having to paint the tan, vaulted ceilings too. That's not going to happen.

By the way, you can call the Ivory Homes design center and they will tell you everything the previous owners picked. It's all on file. They told me the exact wall and trim color the owners picked. Which was nice because we needed to touch up a few places around the house.

Cynthia said...

Malisa! That is a stunning transformation! I love the colors (and the bedding). The whole thing is fabulous!