Thursday, August 27, 2009

Who Are You?

I have been trying to think up some grand post to explain why I took my blog private (very private, only I could see it) for a little while. I can't think of one. I simply felt like not being public for a little while.



I have been made increasingly aware of how many people read my blog from time to time. Church people, childhood people, facebook people, family, extended relatives, next door neighbors, old boyfriends, my husband, online people, best friends, acquaintances, kid's school people, college people, and people I don't know at all. I can name at least one person in each of those catergories. That's a wide audience. It freaks me out a little. (FYI, I don't tailor my words for any of these particular groups, so please don't let anything bother you.)



So, here's what I'm asking...



I don't really care if you comment much, but what I want is to at least KNOW you read my blog. If you are reading this, I ask you to do one of two things.



1. Comment on this post.



and/or



2. Follow my blog.



1. Commenting is not hard. I will open annonymous comments back up for a short time to make it even easier. You can comment annonymously if you don't have a Google account (which you should get anyway), but just make sure you put you name in your comment so I know it's you. That's it.

2. You can easily follow a blog by clicking on "Follow Blog" at the top or go over to the right where I put my followers and do the same. It helps with Google reader anyway. Just do it.

That's all for now. Can't wait to see who you are.

21 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Hi!!! But then you knew I was here... ;) Glad you're back!

Kerri said...

Hi. My name is Kerri. I live in Salt Lake City. I have four children. I need a friend. Will you be my friend?

Darby said...

Hey Malisa! I feel the same way sometimes about wanting to go very private. There will be times when something happens somewhere at sometime to cause me to think that my opinion isn't worth a hill of beans, and then I just close up shop by shutting down my Web sites. There have even been times that I've considered deactivating my Facebook account for a time. :O So, I know where you're coming from.

Chad and Kayla said...

Hey, Malisa
This is Kayla (Cutler) Packer. I check in on you from time to time. I like seeing how you are doing. If you do go private ( and would want me to see :) ) I'd love to be invited! Hope all is well!

Stephanie said...

You are adorable; and so very very smart!

Let's get together soon... after both our super busy lives calm down a little.

N Luthi said...

welcome back!

Danielle said...

Invite me if you go private! :) I think its a great idea to figure out who's checking your blog -I have absolutely no idea, and should start looking into that. So, I LOVE your family pictures. Who took them for you? So creative!

Bountiful Blessings said...

follower & fan...but you knew that already!

A.H. Maslow said...

Malisa, the dichotomy of the internet is such that as we gain the capacity to explore and share ideas with others, we lose the ability to trust and engage in true dialectic. Fact and fiction are endlessly available and are often impossible to tell apart, and every subject is offered for superficial, anonymous discussion and debate, without real persuasion. Pseudo-connections become the new context for reality and action. But life, real life, requires passions, faiths, doubts and courage instead of an artifice of human connection. The inexorable law of entropy draws us to the lesser apparent chaos. Given this fact, perhaps it's best to follow the admonition of the wise penguins who say simply "Just smile and wave!"

Stacie said...

You know I'm here!!! I continue to comment occasionally so you know I'm around!!!

jennschmerer said...

I'm so glad you asked us to comment because I actually clicked over to your blog to do it. I usually just read it off my reader and had missed your cute header with the new family pics! So cute! I hope we can all get together to go scrapbooking again soon!

Jennifer Schmerer

Julie said...

Hi sweetie. You know I am looking. I love your blog so don't forget to invite me if you go private.

Jen said...

I am reading because you commented on my blog, which of course fills my heart with joy.

Here is the pattern for that quilt if you ever want to try:
http://www.hgtv.com/decorating/tumbling-blocks/index.html

There is also a youtube video if you google "not your grandmother's tumbling blocks.

Hope you enjoy book of 1000 days. The beginning almost killed me, but the end was worth it.

Kelseybob said...

Hey, It's Kelsey Hoskins. I peek in from time to time just to see how you are doing.

Natalie said...

Hey, I look at your blog from time to time. Thanks for letting Lauren come and play today, she had a lot of fun. Next time it is Sarah's turn to come to our house. These poor last children get sooo bored!!

Utahfeminist said...

Hello. Grania here. Keeping up with you from sunny Seattle!

Anonymous said...

Hi Malisa....It's Anna; I still read your blog from time to time--I like to know how you're doing. You're a dear friend...still...after all these years.

Tracy Christopulos Harward said...

You're back! I haven't checked back for some time...I think it's fun to read your blog. And I've missed not reading it. Hope you, Daniel and the kids are well...

Our Family said...

Malisa,
I read your blog occasionally, My Husband Ryan (Peterson) and I lived in the Trailer Court in our early married life, and I found your blog through Andrea's, which I found on facebook. I just think it's fun to see what people that I use to know are up too occasionally.
Shantel

Kate said...

I'm Katie. a MOF friend :) Welcome by the way! and Thanks for sharing your blog with us!
You can visit mine any time too! I have it under who is who.

Jill said...

Hi...I'm a little late, but I check your blog from time to time too. I mostly remember when you comment on my blog! I need to add you as a "friend who blogs" so I remember to check more often...anyway, I'm here. :-)