Friday, September 17, 2010

Isaac's room remodel I

I have tried so hard to fix the formatting on this post. I realized my frustrations with blogger are a big part of the reason I don't post much. Anyhow, the captions don't line up with the correct pictures. See if you can figure it out...


The room that was best for Isaac in this house happens to have been previously done in a "cowboy" theme. Fine for a young boy, but not for one about to turn 11. I have decided to focus on Isaac's room since his birthday is fast approaching.

After much deliberating, I decided to take down both the paneling and the molding. It was not paintable and not quite something I could work with.


Here are two pictures from before we moved in:











Clean always looks better than dirty, so here's a few pictures from the first few weeks in the house:








Isaac had his dresser already, so we got him a bedframe to match and used the old guest room mattreses.











Everything coming down. Lots and lots of repair work to follow.






















4 comments:

Sherilyn said...

if anyone can fix those walls it's you!! Love seeing the pics of the house!

lannie_rae said...

I am excited to see how it turns out.

Nea said...

Wow, it's already looking better. That paneling was an eyesore. Happy to see you tearing into the house already! :)

FLEUR de Lo said...

I wrote a super long comment on Alanna's blog once about how I format on Blogger. I just needed a system, and now it's dreamy. I'm sure the room will be fabuloso in no time.