Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Master Bedroom Organizing - Day 1

Last night I began on my bedroom.  Technically I just started cleaning the laundry that I hadn't put away for some time.  Rather hypocritically, I make sure the kids get their laundry put away right after they do it, but I just always have other things to do when it's my turn.  :)

In one hour my bedroom was transformed and I could look at the project I need to do...

I took off my closet door a month ago in preparation for a jewelry wall.  I have been planning to build some shelves - sort of like picture ledges, but deeper - to hold my earrings and such and then put hooks underneath for my long necklaces.  Today at IKEA however, I came across a solution I wasn't even looking for.  One of their rail systems had ceramic trays that were being clearanced.  I don't think they'd be great in the kitchen, but for jewelry....

The best part of this solution for me is that I don't have to back the van out of the garage to use the saws.  It's really just the little things, ya know?

No comments: