Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Lesson Was Learned Today

(Disclaimer: I noticed this post I had written a while back (a little after Halloween) and not finished. Since I have had a loss of words lately, I thought I'd put this one up - not finished, but with enough of the story I believe.)

Right after school, I realized that they were giving flu shots in the auditorium. I grabbed the boys and went to get them. I wanted to give the boys something to look forward to, so I said that if they got the shot they could have 10 minutes to eat however much candy they wanted (of their Halloween candy which is HIGHLY monitored.)

Sounds like a good deal, right? Oh, it was.

During the aforementioned 10 minutes I was busy keeping Sarah occupied in the other room. With less than a minute left, a very sad Isaac came in with a full mouth. He said "I wish I hadn't done that." He looked SICK. For the next fifteen minutes he felt ill. He kept saying things like "I'm never going to do that again," and "I don't feel good." I kept thinking (and chuckling to myself), is this really happening? Is what moms always say coming true? I mean really - how often do kids actually get sick from eating too much candy? Not as often as we wish.

3 comments:

Julie said...

That is too funny! There are some years where I just let them eat as much as they want because then it will be done. Then there are other years I highly monitor and they absolutely drive me crazy. This year I monitered and we went DisneyLand in November and when we left I threw it all away. They must have forgot while we were gone because I think it was January before anyone even wondered what had happened to it.

I wonder if anyone has gotten sick from not waiting an hour after eating before swimming?

Malisa said...

I got heartburn from running right after I ate last week. Does that count?

Suzanne Plant said...

Tell Isaac it happens to me all the time! Why don't I ever learn my lesson?