Thursday, March 26, 2009

What Kind of Movies Do You Watch?

It's Daniel's birthday today. I am married to a wonderful man.

We just got back from the movie "Knowing". The movie itself was weird and interesting - sort of Atheism meets Christianity. But the previews? Twenty minutes of some of the most horrible stuff I have ever seen. I know that we don't go to the theatre that often, but I was shocked! I would never watch those movies. Never ever. I was really just sitting there thinking and wondering why people actually view this type of stuff. Do you really want that in your head? I could barely stand to look at the screen. I think one movie was called "Drag Me Down to Hell" or something similar. Wow.

The most exciting part though was the very end of the movie - about the last 10 sec. After the very dramatic wrap-up, lights started flashing by the screen and a speaker was saying "Please exit the building. Find the exit nearest you...". Then the credits started rolling. We thought it was a prank! Everyone left quickly and then found out that someone had pulled the fire alarm in the building. The timing for our movie was crazy. It was very appropriate for this particular movie. We laughed so hard.

For Daniel's birthday, I tried to get some photos of the kids for his office. I have a lot, but here's just a few.

P.S. Sarah's latest phrase that she likes to repeat a lot is "Go way Momma, go way". She doesn't always want me around. Independence is something 2 year-olds know all about.

10 comments:

Julie said...

I personally like funny and romantic. Justin does not. When we go together it is usually more dramatic. We saw a movie last week and it was Taken. It was about a kidnapped girl being sold into a prostitute ring. I thought it was good.

Lora said...

Cute pictures!!! Austin gives me the same non-verbal message by pushing me away. :) Movies? I like drama, Nathan likes comedy. I'm a real sucker for the reality based sci-fi. Did you choose a book to read?

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to Daniel!

Sounds like a less than fabulous movie experience... what a bummer!

We enjoy watching a big variety of movies and have a large dvd collection. You're certainly welcome to borrow anything we've got.

Your kids' pictures are FABULOUS!

N Luthi said...

those pics are so stinking cute!

Robyn said...

Wow, those pictures look good. Your kids are so cute. I'm sorry you had to go through 20 minutes of torture. I hate hate hate horror movies. Those images never leave.

emily, etc, etc said...

Holy Cow - I thought the same thing about those previews. They were TERRIBLE!!!! I was disgusted the whole night.

Anyway - I love those pics! Did you take those? Seriously if you did, you are so talented and I want you to photograph my children.

Sherilyn said...

I am going to say this again. Isaac has the coolest hair ever.

Kerri said...

The pictures turned out well, Malisa. Isaac looks so old and so striking. I like his hair long. Hope your weekend has gone well.

jennschmerer said...

Cute pics of the kids! I've only seen a couple pictures of your husband, but does your oldest look like him and #2 look like you? Looks that way to me! Jim and I are closet movie lovers (but don't watch many now with kids). We always laugh because by the time we get the kids in bed we're too tired to stay up for a whole movie without falling asleep. :0)

Suzanne Plant said...

Your kids are so grown up! Great pictures! The black on black is great to bring out their faces. I have to agree with Sherilyn about Isaac's hair!