Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Nothing Much

I've taken a bit of a break from the online world this week (even though my finger is SO much better). Last week all I wanted to do was post, but now I can't seem to come up with much.

I went to Kerri's house tonight for the first meeting of our team for the Wasatch Back. I knew I would feel this way, but I still can't believe how incredible these women are. They seem so talented and so humble at the same time. (I'm not sure how I gathered this info in the short time I was there, but that was my impression.) I already have some people in my life that have wonderful qualities that I try to emulate, but this group seems to be full of new ones! How neat that I can be a part of it.

BTW, I have been officially assigned the easiest position - runner #7. Three different 4 mile-ish sections in 24 hrs or so. It seems like a lot (at least to me) until you see what the other women are taking on. Wow.

Other random stuff....

I need to find some better make-up that doesn't bother my eyes and give me headaches. Any suggestions?

I'm going to put the guineas up on KSL very soon.

I need to get more sleep.

Daniel has informed me that he will probably be working even more (is that possible?) for a long, long time. The pressure is mounting at work.

I have four books in my possession I could read right now: Fablehaven, Eragon, Inkheart and The Ladies Auxiliary. Suggestions? (The first three Isaac is either reading or will be.)


P.S. I really have to point you to Kerri's blog - especially her last three posts - On Temples (the article she refers to), On Music, and My Running Secrets. Very good stuff.

5 comments:

Lora said...

Hey Malisa! I'm sure all those awesome ladies were all thinking the same things about you. You ARE fantastic. I continue to be amazed at all the things you are able to accomplish in your life. I'm sure you'll have so much fun on the Wasatch Back.

I LOVE the makeup I use, but I don't know if they sell it any more. I bought a bunch of it when they were selling it cheap because another company had bought them out. Eyes Lips Face (ELF) I think the url was eyeslipsface.com. Supposedly they sell it at Nordstroms now.

The guineas are going, huh? I was really hoping to co-own them with you, but Austin didn't seem to care one lick about them. (And there's no way I really want them for myself.:)

Daniel's working more? :) It can make for a rather isolating life. Our schedule has been getting to me a bit lately--it just doesn't seem to mesh with anyone else's. At least the weather is nice and we have lots of outside time now, eh?

All three of the first books have been suggested to me from different sources, yet I have not read any of them. I heard they are all excellent. They say Eragon is a bit like Lord of the Rings in that it sets up a whole world in very extreme depth. Let me know which one you choose so I can read it at the same time. I finally finished my non-fiction book and am ready for some escape. It would be fun to discuss it with you later.

Sheesh! My comment is as long as your post!! Can you tell I'm in need of a little interaction. :) Will Daniel be working Saturday night? I think a girls night sounds divine.

Julie said...

So now that you are blogging again does that mean scripture study is up to date?

Good Luck with getting more sleep and having more time for reading. Let me know if you find the secret because I need the same! Maybe with Daniel working more, put the kids to bed and read!

I use Mary Kay. I have a source for 1/2 off if you need some.

Amanda will be sad with no guineas!

I like Lora idea, girls night out. Don't forget about me!

Mitzi said...

I would read Fablehaven. That was my favorite one out the first three you listed. Eragon was also good and Inkheart was alright.

Liz said...

Malisa, I'm so excited to do this race with you! You ARE amazing for committing to doing this! Just know that we've all been down and continue to be going down the same path. You've got to start somewhere! It is so exciting to think of the FUN we are going to have over the next few months and during those crazy 24 HOURS!!! Is it O.K. that I blog-stalked you through Kerri's blog???

Lanterne Rouge RIder said...

I'd recommend reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Fun, escapist reading. I think you have a copy of it as well.