Sunday, March 1, 2009

Visitors?



So...my friend Kerri has had some guinea pigs for a long time. It was time for her to part with them. They have come to my house for a time - though I haven't decided the length of said time.

I was (and still am) hoping to share the love of these guineas and find some families to rotate them with. They are 2 boys - Butch and Teddy. Teddy is very shy, but Butch loves people. They are low maintenance and cute.

The only drawbacks are that their cage is large and they stink. I'm surprised how well I'm dealing with it since they are right by my computer. I will be changing the bedding as soon as I get some fresh stuff. They didn't smell too bad for the first day or two. :)

Isaac is indifferent to the guineas; Adam likes them; Sarah is obsessed with them. Notice that the pictures are all of Sarah. (She had to have a time-out from the guineas today. She had dumped their food bowl 3 times and likes to rearrange their houses a lot.)





The caption for the following picture is what Sarah was saying at the time it was taken: "Poo and Potty?"




Much of her day is spent like this now:





P.S. I need to report that it was a great weekend and I may have found a solution to our reading problem! I simply informed the boys on Saturday morning that the bulk of their reading for the NEXT week would need to be done before they could play the Wii. Talk about motivation! Daniel and I have more time to give on the weekends too. It went well and I am looking forward to this coming week now!

3 comments:

Lora said...

Yeah on the happy reading week! Sarah is so cute. We need to come over and see how Austin responds to the pigs. (He's so not going to get that they, too, are pigs.) Do they mostly stay in the cage, or do they run around quite a bit? I do love a guinea pig.

Julie said...

We used to have guinea pigs. As pets go, they are the best. You can play with them or ignore them. You can leave and they don't have to go out and go potty. Amanda is going to love playing with them

jennschmerer said...

I'm laughing because your guinea pig is about the size of our puppy! They're cute! We had hampsters growing up and I detested cleaning the cages out. Yucky.