Thursday, May 21, 2009

The End of an Era


Sarah climbed out of her crib last night.


One of the boys fell out once, but other than that, no one has been able to conquer our very high-sided crib.


After the accomplishment, I stuck her back in her crib and asked her to climb out so I could see how she did it. The key to her success (and not a fall) was a conveniently placed chair which she used to get down gently. That has been moved and I am praying she does not wish to take a dive. Here's hoping.


BECAUSE at 6:30 this morning I awoke to the front door quietly opening. I watched from upstairs as Sarah let herself out into the front yard while the rest of the family slept. That stinker. (Yes, I will be putting those knob things on. I know this is a safety issue.)


By 7:00 am she had managed to strip down to nothing and go potty on her own, leaving muddy little footprints on the toilet seat along with some other torn apart goodies on the floor from the cupboard.


She's also found that yelling at the top of her lungs when she is mad is a pretty dramatic way to express herself. I had to laugh when she was yelling at the little boy next to her in nursery for taking her seat. I said it'd be fine (meaning she shouldn't hit him) as long as he didn't touch her. Sure enough, he leaned over and poked her. She then decided to pinch the girl on the other side of her for retaliation. What?!?


She ran across the outfield of a little league game tonight and I had to chase her at top speed in my HEELS. SO embarrassing.



My little girl has decided she would like to be the one in charge. I'm pretty tired, so I might just let her be.


6 comments:

Julie said...

I know you already told me these things today, but hearing it again still made me laugh.

Stacie said...

My sister had this problem with one of her girls. She found a fabulous solution in one of those 'baby safety' magazines. It was literally a tent that fit over the top of the crib (basically just mesh) but in order to get the child out, you had to unzip the door on the front. She unfortunately found out about her escapee with the sound of a 'thud' and crying. But Breena never escaped again...ha,ha,ha!

jennschmerer said...

The crawling out of the crib thing is the worst! Both of my first two boys had it figured out WAY too early for me. Thankfully #3 decided to wait until we were ready. You have to love the terrible/wonderful two's!

Kerri said...

So funny, Malisa. She is so darned cute, and I'm so with you in two-year-old land. The picture of you running across the outfield in heels chasing that monkey...priceless.

Bountiful Blessings said...

I wish you lived closer so we could laugh together about the misadventures of "soon to be three year olds"!!! I bet she can charm her way out of about situation, too!

emily, etc, etc said...

Ok, that was funny! I love little girls and the joys (and drama) they bring to life. You should celebrate the mind she has of her own - some day it will save her I bet! Plus she is pretty cute.