Friday, May 22, 2009

If I Could Freeze My Children

You rarely hear me say that I'm sad about my children growing up. Even though I love my babies so very very much, I find things easier when they're just a little older. I like my kids to be more independent too.



However, Isaac is getting OLDER. Older in a way I don't want to think about. Older in a so-many-more-issues sort of way. He'll be 10 in the fall. Yikes.




Being 7 suits Adam well. He's a good boy and I'm guessing he's about as easy as he'll ever be right now.



Even with all of her antics, Sarah is a dear. She is darling and (you're right Eden) charming too. She is funny and energetic and she SINGS! I do like two-year-olds (by themselves though and not with other two-year-olds). Since this is most-likely the last time I will ever have a two-year-old, it makes me a little sad.



So, I guess I've come to realize that I can't really expect it to get much better than this. My kids are at good innocent ages. Still young, but old enough to do a lot for themselves. I am so looking forward to this summer. I am hoping to create lots of wonderful family memories together.



So if I got to pick when to freeze my children in time, it would be now.


Unfortunately that's not going to happen, so I'm going to work on enjoying this time I have with them and making the most of it. Though not perfect, I really was blessed with some good, good kids.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

This is a conversation Steve and I have all the time. It's so funny because as they grow, we continue to say the same thing..."I love this time...this is my favorite". Then they get a bit older and we find ourselves saying the same thing again. Funny, It just keeps getting better.

Kerri said...

That last picture is really cute. Sweet kids.

Bountiful Blessings said...

Boo, hoo! You made me cry with this post. I so agree with you about stopping time right at this moment in our childrens lives. I feel as if their innocence is lost a little at a time the more we let them go...sob, sob! So, go sqeeze those adorable boys of yours and that "charming" girl, Sarah!

Dixie said...

You really do have cute kids!