Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Facebook Tag

I posted this on facebook, but I thought I'd put it here too. Why not have EVERYONE know lots of random things about me? Sounds like fun...

25 (or so) random things about me:

1. I wish there were more ways to use math in everyday life. I don’t want to admit that it’s starting to fade.
2. I’ve never actually had anything go on my driver’s license record, though I did get a ticket once.
3. As I get older, I don’t fear the dentist or doctor as much as I did when I was young. I envy my kids that get to go to the dentist with the TV in the ceiling.
4. Sometimes I can’t fall asleep just because I can’t turn off my head.
5. I like music, but I like quiet better. I cannot focus well when music is playing, so I turn off most blogs’ music - I figure why use my multitasking energy on it.
6. Music is playing from someone’s blog while I’m writing this…
7. I like people who think a lot.
8. I bit my nails until I got married and my husband gagged every time he saw me do it. Very effective. (It could happen to you Kait!)
9. I like puzzles, but I can’t bring myself to do them anymore because I feel like I always have to be productive with my time.
10. I don’t watch much TV or many movies (see #10). I’m not good at trivia.
11. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and currently serve in the Nursery, which has been known to test my patience.
12. I talk to my kids about multiplication tables JUST FOR FUN.
13. I am not a thrill seeker.
14. I’ve never been out of the U.S. even though I’ve been to San Diego and lived in Seattle.
15. I don’t have a passion for food, but I’ve recently turned over a new leaf and am discovering the art of cooking.
16. I am very lonely when I have babies.
17. I think I am done having babies.
18. I might want to be a professional organizer/motivational speaker when I enter the workforce again.
19. I vacillate between wishing my childhood were more idyllic and realizing that I have nothing to complain about.
20. I married a very, very good, unselfish man.
21. I want to take a photography class.
22. I think it’s sad that our kids have to inherit some of our bad qualities along with the good.
23. I want to start running, even though I don’t like to run.
24. I don’t like to do things that take a lot of preparation. I’m not the best time manager.
25. I enjoy having the freedom to be spontaneous.
26. I have a really poor memory. I know some of my facebook friends from the names, but I have a hard time recalling much about them. How embarrassing.
27. Having a poor memory makes it much harder to hold a grudge.
28. I could easily write a list of 100 things about me, but I’ll stop now.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

I think I knew almost all of these...I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I know you so well.

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

That's one of the things I love about you, you're not afraid to be yourself. Thanks for sharing a piece of you.

Joanne said...

Hopefully your poor memory doesn't get in the way of remembering me from Meet the Masters yesterday! I enjoyed meeting you and looked you up on Facebook and thus found your blog. Hope it's okay I checked it out! I also have a horrible memory so I can totally relate. Hope we run into eachother again soon!

Kelly said...

Sorry! That last post was from me - I'm at my mom's house and she is logged into blogger.