Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Day of Firsts




Sarah and I had the opportunity to see the Elephant Parade today. (The Circus is in town.) It was very spontaneous and very fun. It really only lasts for 3 minutes or so, but it's something you don't get to see everyday. It was my first time at the parade and Sarah's first time seeing an elephant. (We really haven't taken the girl who loves animals to the zoo yet.) Thanks to the kindness of friends with memberships, we also go to go the the Children's Museum for free! It was hard to get Sarah to go home. She really does smile too, even though she isn't in any of the pictures.



Isaac also had his first piano recital. He was nervous, but did really well. I had told him that people tend to play faster when they're nervous. I guess he took me at my word and played it slow and even. It was great to see all of his practice pay off and him feel good about it. This is him and his teacher Sandy.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I finally found you!!

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to come to Isaac's recital. Let me know when his next one is.