Monday, September 22, 2008

Um, Yeah

So last night at, let's say, 11:30pm or so I was puttering about looking at what I needed to do the next day when I came across a letter telling me that Isaac was the Star Student this next week. I was supposed to have a poster with pictures ready in the morning. Ha ha. Gag.

But not to worry, all of my practice at last minute preparations makes me great at things like this. By midnight I had found 7 pictures, penciled a title for Isaac to color in the morning, dug up one of his more recent mazes, and even decided to tape LEGOS to the poster. I finished it up this morning and took it in. Oh, I also made the invites (much simpler than originally planned because I didn't have the paper I needed) for his party, but the color printer wasn't working and Daniel had fallen asleep (which is rare at this time of night). So Daniel had to fix the print server problem and change some ink cartridges before work this morning so the invites could go out today. At school I had to pull Isaac out of class for a minute to refresh me on who was getting invites (we're cutting back - 18 is JUST TO MANY). Maybe I could have remembered to discuss this with him earlier. AND I had to teach an art lesson in Adam's class at the school that I forgot to review before I got there. The teacher asked me about how long I thought it would take - "Um, I don't know yet. Let me look at the lesson a little more. Cough, cough." (I had gone to a training on it last week, but Sarah was NOT VERY GOOD and I left early.)

It did all turn out great. Maybe no one needs to know.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Another one of those days, huh? I keep thinking I'll learn to plan better, but most of my days end up like that, too.