Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Love My House: Part 1

When I first started reading blogs, my favorite thing to come across was projects that people had done. It still is. I love before and after pictures. (Unfortunately, my before pictures and even some of my afters are not very accessible right now.) I will pour over a picture I like to find the details and see what I can use in my own home or life.

If you had to ask me which of all of my hobbies brings me the most joy, I'd probably say doing what you see below: dreaming up an idea, demolition (pulling off the old moulding if there is any), putting up new moulding, painting, and decorating. I especially loved doing the kid's rooms because I could go bolder and didn't have to worry as much about how it coordinated with the rest of the house.

I tend to go in spurts with my projects. Sometimes I can get so much done, but other times I wonder how I ever did it. During most projects I reach a point where I wish I had never started. Daniel tries to remind me of this when I think up a new great idea. He says I just can't remember the pain. So true, so true. I guess a bad memory is good for something, right?


THE BOY'S ROOM



In case you're wondering, IKEA was pretty new here when I did their room. Did you know that I LOVE IKEA? The beds, toy storage underneath, dressers, hanging thing, and mirror are from there. The circle wall stickers are from Lowe's (with a few modifications).



I love, love, love their room, especially when they keep it clean. Under their beds is the one area I keep Sarah out of for them. It is also often the messiest area. For Adam, it is his own personal imaginary world.




7 comments:

Suzanne Plant said...

Oh you are so amazingly talented! I love this room! I want to have a little boy just so I can copy you!

Sherilyn said...

I love the blue and green you picked. The polka dots are also really cool. You are a genious! I must tell you that I am a skilled and picky painter now because of you. You taught me so much! Suzanne too.

emily, etc, etc said...

you are so creative and talented - when are you going to post pictures of your whole house - the whole thing really is a something to be proud of...

Stephanie said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
You truly have a gift for decorating: and I agree with Emily that your whole house is something to be proud of!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so creative! I love it! I love doing projects too! They are usually refinishing dressers. I have done two in the past two years.
That is awesome! I have the exact bed frame for my boy! I love what you did with the colors, and I didn't know they had a thing you could put under the bed. I guess that is what you get for being creative!

Anonymous said...

Malisa,

You've always had such wonderful talent!!! I can't wait until you post pictures of more of your projects--I really enjoy looking at them. You're amazing! Love you--Anna

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

Darling room!!! I wannan IKEA, dang it.