Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm Commiting

I have been mulling over doing this for the past few weeks. I just haven't been sure if I was up to the task.

However, I have now decided that I am going to do it - THE WASATCH BACK!

The Wasatch Back is a 180 mile relay race. 12 women on a team and each one runs three different legs. If I get the easiest position, I'll run a total of 12 miles. It is in mid June and I am 2 1/2 weeks into the Novice Training Program on their website.

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/index.php




So, now that I've announced that to the world, I'll tell you what else I'm doing.

I am going to run the Salt Lake City Marathon 5k on April 18th. I am hoping that ANYONE that wants to do it will join me. I made up a training schedule (based on the Wasatch Back one) that starts this Wednesday and leads up to the race day. It is doable for pretty much anyone - it starts with just 15 min, 3 times a week - some walking allowed. This is where I've started. Just think about it......I'll get you a schedule if you're AT ALL interested. (I can't seem to post it here.)


http://www.saltlakecitymarathon.com/5K.148.0.html

10 comments:

N Luthi said...

you are do dedicated! I did a 5k last week on our cruise ship and it was so fun. i would love to do another...

Lora said...

I guess there's no backing out then, eh? No--I'm in for sure. I will hit my own post about it soon...

Stephanie said...

You are officially my hero! I wish I could join you...

Julie said...

I think you are brave. I am a full non-participant supporter! I hate running. I am a gym girl, air conditioning and TV. Good Luck!

Stacie said...

I may take you up on the 18th of April. I hate to commit to anything. I'm so indecisive. But I've always wanted to do a 5 or 10k, I just never have. We'll have to see as it gets closer.

Stacie said...

I would love to see the training schedule. I actually have already been doing about 3 miles a day (on various machines at the gym) But at least one every day on the treadmill. So, hopefully it wont be too hard for me to kick it up and get it all in running.
Thanks again.

Lora said...

A word to Stacie--you are already miles beyond the rest of us. Three miles is virtually a 5k. I get sore walking--I'm sure you'll be miles ahead of me on the 18th. :)

Suzanne Plant said...

You are my hero that I will admire while I lay on my couch!

The Rich's said...

you will love the wasatch back, my brother in law runs it every year and it is his FAVORITE event (and he runs everything!!) good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I might be interested in the marathon... but what's in it for me? Kidding! :) If you decide to do it, let me know and I will consider it even more. =]