Monday, July 6, 2009

A Day to Remember


My neice Kaitlyn turned 16 today. She is a fantastic girl (and is my most regular and WONDERFUL babysitter). Watching her be so crazily excited for today has been fun.

Turning 16 was one of the best days of my life. Being the youngest in my family and my grade, I was never as old as everyone else. It seemed like it would never happen, but eventually (partway into my junior year) I was finally able to drive and date.

Here's me on my 16th birthday headed out.



Now in my 30's, I'm good with my age. No need to get older.
and of course....
Happy Birthday Kait!!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

You are so brave, I would never post a picture of me as a teenager. My kids have seen a few pictures and they laugh at the huge hair, that was enough to now never to show them again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!! :) :)

Kerri said...

Look at that hair! I LOVE it. Fun picture!

A.H. Maslow said...

Wow... you had a lot of hair!

Tracy Christopulos Harward said...

I love that picture! It's awesome!

emily, etc, etc said...

16 was fun! Love the picture. Weren't the 90's great...