Monday, July 20, 2009

Utahn, Mormon, Non-Republican


I live in Utah. I am Mormon. I am NOT a Republican.





....or a Democrat for that matter.


The entire idea of a two party system frustrates me. If I agree with some of one party's opinions, but not all, then why in the world would I define myself by it?

I really don't like talk radio. Well, at least some of it, such as far right and left wing political talk. Most of it plays on emotions; the key one being FEAR. Fear of others, fear of others' actions, fear for the future. I am not enjoying so many around me telling me all of the doomsday predictions fed to them by others.

I have a hard time with the "I am right and there is no way you could be right. You will see..." attitude.



Granted things are not good right now, but for heaven's sake, they're not that bad either.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

You're so totally right on, my friend.

Lora said...

Amen, sister!

Dixie said...

You mean you're not a Republican?! J/K. I hate the party lines and find myself in the middle of them most of the time. I think that people who are predicting the end of the world need to be spending more time reading the scriptures and not researching exactly when the world will end.
I hope the economy looks up soon! I know too many people that have had to sell their belongings and their kids stuff just to pay the bills lately because of lay-offs. I wish I could help these people more. It really is that bad for some people and I pray that things will look up for them soon.
Sorry, it has been a rough month for bad news from a lot people that I know. I'm not doomsday, but I am VERY grateful for what I do have!

Jonathan said...

Lionel Trilling (literary critic) once said "Between is the only honest place to be"