Sunday, July 5, 2009

Segullah Studio Night!

Kerri got me started reading Segullah a while ago. It's a lds women's literary magazine (and spinoff blog) that has a lot of thought provoking posts and good discussion afterward. A few weeks ago there was a post of an interview with a featured artist, Leslie Graff. I liked her artwork and when I read that she did 'studio nights' in her ward, I wished that she lived closer. (She lives in the New England area.)

Turns out, she is visiting Utah and is going to do a studio night here this Thursday! I am so excited to go and have no problem going by myself. However, I thought I'd throw this out there for anyone else that might be interested in joining me.

Here's the link to her interview (I like the first tree picture a lot):

http://segullah.org/artist-interviews/interview-with-featured-artist-leslie-graff/


Here's the info on the studio night:

http://segullah.org/announcements/youre-invited-segullah-studio-night/


I don't think it matters if you're an artist or not. It sounds like she just loves teaching women a fun way to be creative.

(It's true that I've done some oil painting in the past and some other art stuff, but I believe she uses acrylics. I'm looking forward to trying a whole different style than what I've done before.)

Would you maybe want to join me? Why not?!?!

1 comment:

Bountiful Blessings said...

I have enjoyed her blog for some time now. Aren't her paintings wonderful...love the colors. Ok, you pick up your paintbrushes and I will too.
p.s. love the pegged jeans..brings back many memories!