Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today

If you think this post is choppy or odd, just imagine what's happening in my head.

Sarah has not been easy. I'm not sure why. It made the morning/afternoon (plus the last few weeks) much harder than it needed to be.

Tons of carnival coordinating going on. My mind turned to mush. I started to near the edge of the craziness cliff.

Isaac had a piano recital. (Seriously - it HAD to be THIS week? Seriously?) Sarah = not good. Getting closer to the edge.

Went to eat with Daniel (who had come to the recital and was going back to work after). Too much kid time. Cannot even pretend to be cheerful, despite wonderful service at Rumbi's.

We buckle up in car, attempt to send Daniel back to work, but I was not functioning. Looking over the edge of cliff. Thinking about jumping.

Daniel changes plans - takes kids home. I cry.

Go grocery (and quick clearance) shopping at SuperTarget conveniently located across the street from eatery. Start stepping away from cliff.

Find good deals. :)

Talk to the Target employee who's ringing up my items. Tell her I'm going crazy. Find out she is single and has three kids too. 1 year, 3 years, and a 7 year old with Cerebral Palsy. She took the job a Target to have some time away. Start putting things in perspective.

Get library problems taken care of that I thought might never be at this point. Breathing again.

Arrive home to find all children in bed. Saved from the fall.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Daniel for saving me today. I love you so much.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Way to go, Daniel. I'm so glad he was there to help you tonight. You so needed that break.

Bountiful Blessings said...

You may have just "saved" so many women, wives and moms from "the fall". Thank you for opening your heart, Malisa, to so many via your blog. It's nice to know we are not alone :)

Lora said...

THIS is why I was hesitant to let you help me. It's like I'm dragging you up to the edge of that cliff. :(

Hang in there.

Blue said...

malisa, i wonder if you're at the same school as my friends katie g and angela s. they've both been carnie-crazy around the time you were. if you are, then you're lucky cause they're awesome!