Friday, December 12, 2008

Eating is Overated (Alternate Title: I'm Gaining Weight)

Last night, I made Baja Chicken Fajitas. They were pretty good. I don't recall using fajita seasoning before. It was my 6th recipe.

I am full. Too full. I am not used to sitting down to a large meal every night. Since it is so special to have such food, I think we are trying to take advantage of it by eating a lot.

If I keep this up, I'm not going to be my current size for much longer. These are not low fat dinners. The book says it's all about portion control. The new plates I want are smaller. Smaller is good. I've heard that can help.

Though I am NOT craving more food, I am still going to stick to my schedule. I don't think I even NEED to cook so often. What about leftovers and simple dinners? Do people really like to eat this much?


P.S. There must be a magic switch that changes kids from grumpy to happy and back again. Since I wrote the post asking for afterschool advice, my boys have been SO much happier. I haven't changed much, but suddenly they're more patient and pleasant. Maybe you all prayed for me. That's what I'm going to believe. Send some more prayers this way, please. (If you don't have any ideas on what to ask God to grant me, let me help: Sarah to remember she's a happy child and act like it, my house to be miraculously clean and organized, all of the shopping to be done, more energy for me, and peace. I could use some peace. -- Oh, and make sure you pray for others too, not just me.)

P.P.S. Actually, right now I know of a lot of people, some of them dear friends, that are struggling - financially, spiritually, physically, at their job, in their marriage, with their children, with themselves. We could all use more prayers and a little less criticizing.

5 comments:

emily, etc, etc said...

If you are wanting good, healthy dinner ideas you should call me. I have LOTS of ideas. To start with soup is always a great option and I have soup recipes galour (plus you don't feel like you are eating a horse when you are having soup - it is the perfect meal, satisfying yet not over-filling)

Lora said...

Let me know if you get any soup recipes from Emily. I LOVE SOUP! I finally ate your YUMMY soup, by the way. I'm loving your cooking commitment. :)

Lanterne Rouge RIder said...

I've heard that exercise is a good alternative to portion control. At least that's the only thing that's worked for me. When Nicole makes a great dinner -- although not a rare event -- I want to enjoy the whole thing. However, since she cooks enough for her entire family, I know that I can't. So, we plan some leftovers into the schedule for lunches or future dinners.
But, like I said, exercise has been the only way I can offset the eating. Because, yes, I do enjoy eating that much. Wow, there's a confession.

N Luthi said...

I will agree with the less critizing. Even if it is easier to do!

Anonymous said...

Here! Here!