Thursday, December 18, 2008

Motherhood is HARD

I was going to blog about the graham cracker houses and tell you that no one got ANY right, but I don't have the energy right now to do that post justice.

WARNING: This post doesn't flow very well. But then again, neither do the thoughts in my head today. I can't focus.


This motherhood thing is hard. The last week has been hard. Sarah has been very unhappy. I just took her to the doctor and found out that one ear has a normal infection, but the other ear is infected in the canal and IS BLEEDING - similar to swimmer's ear I guess. Yep, her ear is bleeding (a little). After the $20 copay, I spent another $30 at the pharmacy getting two different prescriptions (one for each ear).

I just got a phone call about an interaction someone had with one of my children. I feel bad. I feel bad for my child, I feel bad for others. I wish I could make life happier for all of my children. Some days are okay, but some are not.

Sarah has been crying.

Adam has been grumpy.

Isaac has been down.

I am just hanging on, just barely.

There is nothing hugely wrong - it's just, I'm tired. I'm worn out. Sometimes, I just want things to be perfect in life. I don't always want to have to work this hard.

Really, I just wish I was naturally more inclined to be emotionally level and positive all the time. Sometimes I think you can change your attitude, but it's when you're not trying that it's easy to revert to genetics.

Now, how's that for a positive post! I guess I'll just have to accept that I'll never inspire thousands by my inspirational posts on motherhood. THIS IS HARD!

P.S. Both of my boys just came home VERY sad. One lost special things he had taken to school and the other said a lot of people were mean today - stolen gloves, crinkled papers - that kind of stuff. I ache for them.

Update: Someone did get it right. I need to show you a picture of the back of the houses so you can see that the end one is actually really cool. Way to be different, Suzanne.

9 comments:

Kerri said...

I'm sorry it's been a rough day, Malisa. Hopefully once the baby is happier, so will you. I hope the drops help immediately. Like NOW.

Stephanie said...

So sorry that you're having such a rough time! PLEASE don't ever hesitate to call me if things get crazy: not that I can really do any thing but listen and have your kids come over to be distracted.

*hugs*

Do you need a cookie break? Wanna make Christmas stuff with me?

Julie said...

I am glad someone has the nerve to really tell it how it is sometimes. I think the holidays make the kids tired sometimes and things get a little out of control. We not only have Christmas, but Tyler's birthday. I am currently listening to my eight year old have a tantrum because he has to go to bed. He is about to get grounded on his birthday. Hang in there, you are not alone!

Jamilla said...

Good luck with everything! I can't even imagine three kids and having them all having a hard day. You are a rock solid mom! Hang in there!

Suzanne Plant said...

Okay, what can I do to help? I don't like reading about you being so sad. Becoming a mother brings so much joy AND sorrow because you not only have your own, but your children's as well. When all 3 kids plus you are having a bad day, it's the worst. I am so sorry.

Bountiful Blessings said...

Malisa, I am right there with you. I just said last night that I am worn out..tired..at the end. We have the toughest job...being a mom. I hope today is better :)

Anonymous said...

Before I leave my comment, I showed Julie the pics on your blog, and she said, "Aunt Mleesa is pretty." She's very excited to see everyone at Christmas.
Now for me, I'm sorry. I know how you feel sometimes. Julie had bleeding in her ear when Sydney was born. I promise it will go away soon. (Although, I know "soon" isn't quick enough sometimes.) I hope that you had a better day today. I wish I had something better to say, but by the end of the day my brain is fried. I can't even remember my user name and password, but you'll know who I am.

Anonymous said...

oh man, I'm going to call you.....

Lora said...

I forgot to actually leave you a post since I called you after reading your note. Personally, I think you are an excellent mother. I think you have SUPER high expectations of yourself so it's easy to not hit the mark you set for yourself. BUT, you actually do hit the mark in so many ways.

After spending three minutes with your boy last night, I am so impressed with how your children are being brought up. He was so polite and interactive and excited to be able to help. He actually thanked ME for letting him help me!

Anyway, my point is it IS very hard. I agree with what someone else commented--we DO have the hardest job. I believe, though, that IT IS WORTH IT! I just hope that things are better for all of you and that you can enjoy the journey a little bit more.

YOU ARE FANTASTIC! And, you are loved. Hang in there!!!!