Monday, December 1, 2008

I Never Took My Shoes Off

Today was a busy day. I never managed to take off my shoes after going walking in the morning, which I almost always do because we don't wear shoes in the house. That just shows you how busy I was. I drove to school, showered, picked up Adam at school, took him and Sarah to a doctor's appt, did lunch, took him back to school, came home, tried to work out for a few minutes with Leslie, searched for a strange smell, cleaned because of it, made some insurance calls (billing problem), went through some Christmas decorations, stripped wet and my-diaper-didn't-keep-it-all-in bedding, did laundry, did dishes, talked on the phone, took stuff out to the garbage,....

I tell you all this to illustrate just how much I did and how many places I walked in my shoes.

You know why?? Guess. Just guess!!?!!

At the end of the walk, Sarah was out of her stroller and stepped in the neighbor's dog poo (that was conveniently on the sidewalk) in her socks. I only barely registered that there was a footprint in it. Yep, IT WAS MINE!!!!!!! I, ONLY NOW, JUST NOTICED THAT THE SMELL I HAD BEEN ATTEMPTING TO GET OUT OF MY HOUSE ALL DAY WAS ON ME!!!!!!!! I walked EVERYWHERE IN MY HOUSE. EVERYWHERE!!! I even had the shampooer pulled out because I could smell it on the carpet, but didn't realize it was ON MY SHOE. Is that crazy?

I AM SO DISGUSTED!!!

2 comments:

Lora said...

This post is hilarious! And so typical of life, eh? Here's my dog poop story (like you really want to hear it, I know). My friend's parents were mission presidents in Europe. They were about to leave the mission so I went with my friend "to help them pack." (Yeah, right! I just wanted to go overseas!) Anyway, they had just laid new carpet in the mission home for the new Prez. And yes, on my first meeting with the couple, I tracked quite a lot of dog poop on to their brand new carpet. I WAS HUMILIATED!!! I was embarrassed & felt bad about it the whole trip. :( One of many reasons I don't care to have a dog...

Kerri said...

Oh YUCK. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. I HATE DOG POOP!

I am so sorry.