Monday, December 1, 2008

Premiering On The Sidebar: Things I Am Grateful For

My friend Kerri did a thankful post for every day in November. In her wrap up, she mentioned that it helped her see things in a better way. (I love how she said "There are so many struggles in all of our lives that it can be easy to wallow in the muck of it all. I certainly have found myself in many a muck-fest." --- Oh, me too, honey, me too.)

Sooo...I am going to try putting some things I am thankful for on my sidebar and REALLY TRY TO RESIST adding too much of a negative spin. You see, I am sort of like an optimist trying to drink out of the glass that's half-empty. I can't seem to enjoy some of the joys in my life for what they are. I'm going to try to be better.

They will be in no particular order. Some of my favorites I might save until I have something more profound to say.

'Nuff said.

3 comments:

Lora said...

I think this is a GREAT idea! I'm going to add a gratitude part to my family-journal-deal that I do. (I'll blog about that one day.) Keep your chin up. :)

Suzanne Plant said...

Love the Grateful column. I just may have to copy you!! We all can do better to focus on the blessings we have rather than what we think we don't have.

Lanterne Rouge RIder said...

I'm thankful for a good friend who helps my wife complete projects that she's afraid to do on her own. I'm sure Nicole's equally grateful -- if not more so.