Friday, December 19, 2008

Hey, This Blog Thing Isn't So Bad

Those were very nice comments everyone left. Thank you so much. It's nice to have people say kind, encouraging things. I do need to let you know that today has been better. Not great, but better. I think Sarah is on the mend. We had less crying today.

I got to go on a DI shopping spree tonight without my kids. It's was oddly enjoyable. It's the small things in life that excite me, just like it's the small things that get me down. I know I should be glad that I'm really only dealing with small things.

I am so proud of myself. I have now made 8 recipes from the book. I made Hello Dolly Bars (aka. Magic Cookie Bars) for my family party and Sweet and Sour Chicken for dinner last night. They are both suprisingly easy and yummy recipes. I just have 2 more to go by Thursday.

So, I know that the main problem with my days is MY LACK OF SLEEP. Because of this, I am going to try to not spend much time on the computer this weekend. I am looking forward to the holidays, but I need to get some more stuff done before them and get some sleep. The computer has been taking too much of my free time.


P.S. You may have noticed that I put more links on my sidebar. It's a more complete list of blogs I follow. I have found a few blogs of people I don't know that I really enjoy reading.

4 comments:

Lora said...

I'm glad you let us share your DI outing--we had a lot of fun! I need to get that chicken recipe from you. I, too, have been limiting my computer time because Christmas may come and go without my cards being mailed. ARGH! That can't happen! The joy needs to be spread. But I do have so much on my mind that I would like to blog...

Lora said...

p.s. Notice we aren't at the party? Another late night and we don't have a car.

Lanterne Rouge RIder said...

I just realized that I should have kept guessing on teh gingerbread houses. It was kind of like a big game of Mastermind. If I had just plugged each person into each of the four slots I would have eventually gotten it right. Oh well, the competitive side of me is often beat out by the lazy part.

Oh, and I didn't think it was a competition, just a chance to see how art could identify its creator. Wait, that is a competition. Arrgh!

Suzanne Plant said...

Glad things are better even if just a little bit!